I’ve been supporting parents for almost the last 10 years both in a voluntary and private capacity. What I witness so often with my clients, my peers and am aware of my own issues.... is the overload.
"Tricia is fabulous, a great teacher & friend to all she “meets”. Very down to earth & “normal”, easy to speak to, & the biggest plus side is that she totally understands all of our feelings, no matter how big or small. She is very open to helping us find the right way to work through them and I can’t recommend her enough."
Are you a mum? Feeling overwhelmed and overloaded?
How would it feel if you have the tools and resources to manage life in a much calmer way?
Here’s what I believe the overload to be…
- Plate spinning
- Balancing act
- Juggling priorities
- Keeping 'on top' of everything
- Feeling like we have too many tabs open
- Trying to please too many people but never pleasing ourselves
- Struggling to place any priority on our needs
Here’s what I believe some of the reasons are for it…
- We are not meant to parent on our own - we are meant to live in tribes and communities parenting
- We are meant to fully co-parent - the idea that women ‘should’ be the main ones responsible for children is not part of nomadic societies
- Work does not necessarily go hand in hand with parenting yet we need to work to live - we don't live in tribal nomadic communities
- We set expectations of ourselves way above what is achievable - we believe we can be full time mums, have careers, we want to volunteer, be eco warriors, cook like Nigella Lawson, keep a house like Marie Kondo, we want to be out with friends, we are partners, daughters, sisters
- We are constantly in the FOMO mindset
- Being a mum in the 21st century means we believe we need to craft like Mr Maker, bake like Mary Berry, be a life coach and psychologist to our children, have Bear Grylls adventures, educate our children, take our kids to ALL the classes, limit screen time, never leave our children unsupervised
- Gatekeeping - we believe we are the only ones in our families who knows everything and are able to do everything right
- We feel we can’t ask or justifying seeking help
- We don’t believe that we are worthy of looking after ourselves
- We are constantly switched on to technology 24/7
- We have money pressures
- We are still working through our own issues
- We often aren't well resourced in how well we manage stress and difficult situations and transitions
- We can't say no
This means that we might:
- Feel burned out
- Feel overwhelmed
- Feel anxious
- Are stressed out
- Can’t sleep
- Get irritable
- Can’t switch off
- No ability to focus
- Feel there’s always something to do
- Always worrying
- Feel exhausted
- Burst into tears
- Regularly have emotional outburst
- Easily get angry
- Have a permanent knot in our stomachs or headache
- Re-live everything again and again and remain stuck
- Constantly worrying about the future
Living in such a high state of adrenaline is not healthy for you, nor your family - both in the short and long term.
So welcome to Overcome the Overload....
"I loved discovering this versatile technique. I would recommend it to anyone to tackle any issue really! Tricia is so knowledgable and supportive. Her video demonstrations and explanations are really easy to follow and access."
WHAT IS IT?
It's an online community compromising of a teaching platform which has multiple videos, instructions and resources and a facebook group where we manage our day to day challenges and accountability.
HOW WILL IT WORK?
"Enlightening. This group is really helping me to find me. To find my good side and face my darker elements. EFT is remarkable. It feels safe. I’ve always felt different but I don’t within this group."
- Videos and content is available on an online teaching platform and in the facebook group
- The group will be a mixture of EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) and coaching
- There will be new content added most weeks into teaching library (we are using teachable) created on the issues discussed in the group
- You can get access to me at any time via the facebook group to get support in using the videos, accessing the resources and help creating or altering the various EFT videos
- Each Monday you will set yourself a target for what you want to work on that week - i.e. “I want to have no emotional outburst this week at bedtime” or “I want to feel more energised”
- I will create specific videos for you that will be available in the facebook group and on the online library if they are not there already and I’ll point you to the ones that are. It could be you need a mixture of videos and that’s what I can help you with.
- During the week, we will check in at regular points to find out how you are finding the videos and what else you are doing to look after yourself - it could be I suggest other things to help you too. We can also discuss any specific tricky times for you that have happened that week and help you find solutions
- On Monday nights I will start a thread where you can ask for any help to look for ideas to make your life easier - i.e. it will be a group coaching session. This will happen every Monday night between 8pm and 9pm
- I will pop in at regular times to do some lives and demos for anything coming up in the group
- There will be regular group EFT sessions via zoom that you can log in to
- There will be regular guest speakers each month talking about specific issues that you might want more information on such as exercise, nutrition, yoga, alternative therapies - this will be selected by the group
WHAT IS EFT?
"Genuinely wasnt expecting anything the first time I tried EFT but was so pleasantly surprised at the difference it made."
"I've used EFT in the past, but never in the way that this group suggested, which has encouraged me to use it when having daily issues."
"I never knew what eft was or what the benefits could be. The first week I was sleeping better and also found I was coping with what life throws at you in a totally different way."
"I have definitely felt the benefits from EFT and I’m keen to keep building on that because I think it will be crucial to my mental health and our whole family will benefit as a result"
- EFT/Emotional Freedom Technique/Tapping is a therapy where you tap on various parts of your head, face and body whilst saying specific phrases
- It is growing in evidence base - there are now over a hundred research papers demonstrating the effectiveness of EFT
- We now have fMRI scans which demonstrate using EFT can actually change the way your brain works
- It works by stimulating a calm response state through tapping on various acupressure points across
- The tapping process helps connects the thoughts to the body
- When we start to think about those issues, we start to link them with the calm response state rather than the stressed state we so often instinctively go to - ie you are changing how you are programmed to respond to that trigger/issue
- It can look a bit funny but don’t let that stop you trying something that could literally change your life by spending 5 minutes every day doing
- It works really well with other interventions
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT?
"Tricia is so supportive and you totally know that she is a firm believer in the whole process of eft and how it can be a benefit for anyone regardless of what they are trying to improve."
My expectations are that:
- You can use EFT whenever you want on whatever your issue is
- Each month you will focus on three key priority areas you’ve identified that you will start to see progress - ie they will not stress you so much and you’ll feel much less overloaded by those issues giving you the space to work on other issues
- You will see changes in the symptoms you are experiencing by feeling overloaded - i.e. you’ll be sleeping better, the knot in your stomach will have gone, you’ll have less headaches, there will be less episodes of rage, you'll feel no guilt
- There will be a supportive online community to keep you going forward living a life with less overload
- Overtime you will be in a place where you can get deeper into your own issues making bigger transformative changes to your overall life and wellbeing through the community group and you’ll keep working on those issues
WHO IS IT FOR?
This is specifically for mums with children of any age who are feeling overloaded/overwhelmed/burned out/stressed/fed up/irrational/anxious/struggling.
HOW MUCH TIME WILL IT TAKE?
5 minutes every day... yes seriously...
The videos are around 5 minutes long. I guarantee - if you spend 5 minutes doing these videos EVERY DAY and that is ALL YOU DO - you will see a big impact on your overall wellness and stress levels. Most of us can commit to 5 minutes every day. If you are SERIOUS about overcoming the overload - you can make 5 minutes. Stop scrolling social media for starters!!!
If, of course, you are enjoying seeing the differences then you can use EFT as much as you want. There is no limit.
HOW TO GET THE MOST OUT OF THE GROUP?
Here’s how to get the community group to work for you:
- Engage in the group - share what your struggles are and your goals so we can support you in the group and keep you accountable and so I can tailor the group for you
- Openness - be open to what your struggles are - don’t fear judgement as whatever your issue is, I guarantee there are at least 5 others struggling too
- Discipline - you need to spend 5 minutes MOST days doing this work to see results (if you don’t have that time then you need serious help and you need to book in directly for a session with me ASAP to identify why you don’t have that time)
- Drop me a message - I’m happy if you want to drop me a message if there’s something unclear, you need more help with etc. Chances are if you need help - so do others.
Resistance to change will be an issue for most of us in this group. We have spent 20/30/40/more years developing patterns of behaviours and stories about why we can’t do things - most of which were formed in our very early years. We’ve got a lot of unpicking to do. I can help you in this group to work through your resistance and make these changes if you tell me it’s a struggle for you.
The monthly membership costs £18 per month (60p per day!!!). You can unsubscribe at any time. Anyone that joins up in the group will also receive £10 off any EFT or coaching sessions with me on a one to one basis.
PLEASE TELL ME IF:
- You have any medical concerns, specifically if you are currently experiencing or recovering from a mental health illness or are taking any medication that I should be aware of - this is only so I am absolutely aware of anything that might crop up in the group as there is only positive evidence of using EFT with those experiencing mental health illness
- There is something else that you feel I should be aware about before you join
WHAT THIS GROUP IS NOT:
HOW DO I JOIN?
Membership will open every 3-4 months. The next intake is 12th April 2019-15th April 2019. After that, you will be unable to join until mid August 2019 (date to be confirmed).
Much love, Tricia xxx